Olde English Tiles is a leading supplier of heritage tiles in Australia. We deal predominantly in tessellated tiles, but also stock a collection of subway and decorative period tiles (which we manufacture in house) with styles ranging from Victorian to Federation, Art Deco to French Provincial.
We are currently seeking an experienced Full Time Design Consultant/ Architectural Specifier. This is a challenging and rewarding role, as you will be tasked with approaching and collaborating with architects, interior designers and non-commercial customers for Australia's most recognisable heritage tile brand. This role is an autonomous role, that will require you to:
- Liaise with architects, interior designers and builders.
- Assist Architects and designers with design concepts and selections
- Showroom Sales and administration.
- Customer Service & Quoting.
Attributes required for consideration:
Olde English Tiles is passionate about design; any candidate we consider seriously should advocate the values and tenets of good design and have a strong foundation in things like colour harmony, form, trends and styles. We're looking not just for a salesperson; we're looking for a designer who can support architects and designers in achieving their design goals. Candidates must have:
- A passion for heritage / period style design
- Strong sales experience in small format tiles (tessellated tiles preferable)
- Qualifications in interior design or architecture
- Experience collaborating with architects and designers
- Knowledge about the construction and tendering process
- Keen visual acuity and strong interest in design (e.g. color palette selection)
- Good business acumen
- Computer skills (Email, Word, Google Docs)
We’re extremely excited about the trajectory of the company, and are looking for representatives who share our vision. If you think you’ve got what it takes, shoot an email and cover letter to email@example.com